Latest Comments

31st October 2020 4:25:20 AM
Buyers be ware.
I went to see this plane that is for sale in Texas. There is no FORM 337 for Garmin 750 and 430.

26th October 2020 4:42:24 AM
Hi, Used to own this nice bird. Did many mods on her and even the paint job.
She was once a military liaison plane assigned to an air vice marshal.
Probably the only 24 volt of that vintage. Long range tanks, flap gap seals, stall leading edges etc.
Prior to my owning she was an air cadet bird. She and I traveled many miles.
I got her in an even trade for a C 170B that I owned. as the B buyer wanted to go floats and my 170 was factory a float kit bird.
Nice bird, enjoy.

11th September 2020 10:51:47 AM

11th September 2020 10:45:35 AM

10th September 2020 9:59:44 AM
I'd like to own this aircraft. I now own and fly a 1965 Mooney M20E, with added turbo, but the idea of pressurisation is very tempting. Is it for sale?

30th August 2020 2:53:48 PM
CF-IJR used to be Imperial Oil's Lockheed Electra.

30th August 2020 2:49:29 PM
Owned this a/c 1988-2000. Based at CEZ3 Cooking Lake. It had abt 750 hrs when I acquired it. Great plane; never any issues.

10th August 2020 3:10:28 AM
Dad's first airplane learned to fly in late '60s on "Tango."

2nd August 2020 6:27:25 PM
big_goblin, You live near an airport.. Which was there before you, Maybe just move again?

2nd August 2020 6:25:41 PM
big_goblin, Maybe you should move to a different area!

its literally an Ambulance.

26th July 2020 11:44:59 PM
the helicopter has literally got "ambulance" printed on it.
emergency services > your sleep

26th July 2020 11:40:48 PM
Hi there. If you re-read the EPA Victoria noise regulations, you'll see that these regulations apply to noise "from a residence".

19th July 2020 9:36:56 AM
Hi there. If you re-read the EPA Victoria noise regulations, you'll see the following Prohibited times: "Monday to Friday before 7 am or after 8 pm. Weekends and public holidays before 9 am or after 8 pm". So your today's (Sunday) 8:30am flight was a shameful act of disrespect towards the residents.

14th July 2020 8:54:37 AM
Dear barbarian pilot, please avoid any flights before 7am. Residents have a right to sleep till 7am, you moron.

11th July 2020 8:33:12 AM
Dear barbarian pilot, on Saturdays residents expect NO NOISE before 9am. You should stay on ground before this time. Please don't be a jerk.

11th July 2020 8:27:38 AM
Dear barbarian pilot, today is Saturday, so residents expect NO NOISE before 9 am. 7:30am is before 9am. Go to hell, bastard

1st July 2020 9:23:53 AM
This brainless barbarian woke me up at 6:20am

1st July 2020 8:16:50 AM
This brainless barbarian woke me up at 2:50am, I've got a headache as I always get headaches when woken in the middle of a night. I hope this freak saves lives of some reach jerks but it definitely ruins my life. Use freaking cars at night times, you moron.

26th June 2020 11:07:52 PM
Bastard, it is 11:06pm now.

25th June 2020 11:21:55 PM
Focker, keep your aircraft on ground when people are sleeping. It is 11:20pm. Scheisse.

19th June 2020 9:19:10 AM
The barbarian woke me up at 6:40. I've got a headache and was late to work. Disgusting.

17th June 2020 8:46:55 AM
The bastard woke me up at 5:50am

15th June 2020 5:07:50 PM
The owner displayed is incorrect, the Casa register has been updated 13.5.20 to the new owner for VH-CWC.

12th June 2020 12:37:29 PM
Dear barbarian pilot. Today, 12/06/2020, you have stolen 1.5 hours of my sleeping time making noise above my home at 6:20am, again. Please be aware that your airplane produces incredible noise. Please stick to the flying path of all the aircrafts and use proper way to get from HBA to MEB (somehow via Officer and then via Nunawading) where people are used to the barbarian pilots like you. Please be aware that people are used to SLEEP somewhere between 11pm and 7am on working days or 8am on weekends and public holidays. You are not alone and not in a desert. There are o lot of people around you.

9th June 2020 8:29:58 AM
Dear barbarian pilot. Today, 09/06/2020, you have stolen 1.5 hours of my sleeping time making noise above my home at 6:15am. Please be aware that your airplane produces incredible noise. Please stick to the flying path of all the airplanes and use proper way to get from HBA to MEB (somehow via Officer and then via Nunawading) where people are used to the barbarian pilots like you. Please be aware that people are used to SLEEP somewhere between 11pm and 7am on working days or 8am on weekends and public holidays.

5th June 2020 5:45:06 PM
VH-DIR appears in the 1964 ABC series "The Stranger" episode 10 at 22:04 https://youtu.be/f7yA18JalpQ?t=1320

16th May 2020 12:21:53 PM
I was the owner of this aircraft for many years. I flew it mostly over Texada Island in the Georgia Straight off the airport runway as I was the Manager. I was a beautiful place to fly all day long as there were no thermals and the air was always smooth. I put several hundred hours on it before I moved back to Alberta. Due to an unfortunate accident I was no longer able to foot launch. I sold it back to the Manufacturer in absolutely mint condition several years ago. I really do miss it. I am now making Plans to build a RotorMobile.
Mike Bolch

1st May 2020 12:40:39 PM
This aircraft resides at YCEM Coldstream in Victoria and flies regularly. Jointly owned by Chris Ashdowne and Mike Welsh both members of the Antique Aeroplane Association of Australia and the Coldstream Flyers Club.
Purchased in February 2016 from Keith Morgan of Victoria, it is kept in show condition and has won three awards since then including Best Contemporary Aircraft in the GA category at the 2017 Avalon Airshow.
In 2006 it was fully restored by Scott Taberner and Keith Morgan with zero timed engine by Jimmy Williams of Albury NSW.

18th April 2020 2:32:13 PM
I have a picture of a aircraft with same rego VH-UVU twin engine high wing twin engines it is a very old photo.

18th April 2020 2:28:52 PM
I have a very old picture bearing the same rego as this VH-URD with ANA flag on rudder twin engine twin wing

18th April 2020 2:25:55 PM
I have a photo of an old low wing open cockpit aircraft fixed undercarriage in flight bearing the rego VH-ACO

18th April 2020 2:22:56 PM
Have come across a very old picture od a Australian National Airways Pty Ltd aircraft bearing the same VH-NYB

18th April 2020 2:19:52 PM
I have come across a picture of twin wing VH-AAI very old photo if interested drop me a line

18th April 2020 2:10:25 PM
i was looking thru some old photos and came across a picture of this aircraft looks like 1950s,0r 60s

18th April 2020 12:26:32 AM
Le Rockwell 114 C-GUKD a été importé en 1976 par Les Industrie Doyon de Saint-Victor Beauce.

17th April 2020 1:25:56 PM
Emergency landing April 16, 2020

13th April 2020 12:44:32 PM
returns from Invercargill Hospital to Dunedin

jetgriff
Invercargill
New Zealand
6th April 2020 3:36:57 PM
Used to be flown by a big fellow called Peter who had a stutter, laying 1080 poison baits for wild dog control, they used to drop them through a chute through the floor from memory.

11th February 2020 2:50:29 PM
Otago Regional Rescue

jetgriff
Invercargill
New Zealand
6th February 2020 2:14:30 PM
Great machine... keeps u on your toes...

30th December 2019 10:38:48 AM
C-GYYB Bush Caddy L-164 Le 15 décembre 2019 à Beaver Lake B.C. CA. Lors d'un d'écollage sur skis sur le terrain du propriétaire une des ailes est entré en contact avec un arbre, les contrôles on été détruits et l'avion a fini sa course dans un boisé et a subi des dommages substantiels, le pilote a pas été blessé.

le commandant
28th December 2019 11:45:38 AM
That a great photo!!!

-----------------------
Dasher was here....
21st December 2019 7:37:22 PM
as of dec 2019 , stored at wangaratta YWGT. flat front tyre, heavy dust coating and cobwebs all around airframe and engine.
SAD sight for what looks like a nice Stationair 8

20th December 2019 11:47:04 AM
The thing has Two {2} engines

20th December 2019 11:33:30 AM
Well done Mike Re flight england to australia 2019

19th December 2019 3:49:46 PM
12/12/2019 vicinity F46

8th December 2019 11:55:01 AM
Sunday 1130 08122019 Low altitude over private property, executed a turn upon being observed...

fly low? youre gunna go...
8th November 2019 11:08:01 PM
I am currently studying for my PPL in this aircraft.

2nd November 2019 7:36:58 PM
MMF is the second of 3 RV aircraft built by the late Miles Morcombe of Narrikup WA.
Currently based at Mt Barker, West Australia.

28th October 2019 8:52:47 PM
I have had the privilege to ride the back seat Such a joy

fisher2fisher
21st October 2019 11:30:28 PM
Salut Dirk, est-il possible pour toi de spécifier quels sont les modèles d'avions, ou tes photos ont été prise et pour quel évènement? Cela serais intéressant de savoir.
Merci
Le Commandant.
1st October 2019 8:36:35 AM
This airplane is owned by Chinook Skies Ltd and leased by 164061 BC Ltd who operates as Wabusk Air.

22nd September 2019 9:45:26 PM
Scrapped as of September 2019

16th September 2019 4:31:11 AM
I am curious if these aircraft were ever available in Canada. The design certainly has a lot going for it. Thank you for your time!

9th September 2019 8:09:47 AM
Think this was my Dads Plane in the 1970,s

20th August 2019 5:42:55 AM
This helicopter featured in the Discovery Channel series 'Opal Hunters' (2019) as a cattle rancher called Stoney came to visit the Opel Hunters at their claim near Cloncurry.

18th July 2019 5:39:32 AM
Engine is an IO-540

17th July 2019 5:55:02 AM
I flew a Cherokee Arrow during late summer and in to the fall of 1974. I leased the aircraft from Crow Aviation at Toledo Express Airport, Toledo, OH. Registration N44458. Great plane. Many happy hours in the air (northern Ohio and the lower peninsula of Michigan. Came real close to buying the plane.

15th July 2019 10:16:10 PM
Mark runs Warrior Warbirds, the only warbird joy flight business in Dubbo. YUM is the aircraft he uses as part of this business - there are two flights. Flight one (Short Adventure Flight Experience) is 1hr in length and has 15 minutes in the air for A$290. Flight two (Premium Adventure Flight Experience) is 1.5hrs in length and has at least 30 minutes in the air A$500. Prior to take-off with the Premium Experience, Mark and the participant will come up with a flight profile to allow for maximum time in the air

13th July 2019 11:40:20 AM
C-FOPT Crash landing in farmer field in Langley, BC July/12/2019 2pm

9th July 2019 8:51:50 AM
VH-NTL is registered as such because of Newcastle Airport being NTL in the ICAO airport ID guide. NTL is also where the operator of this aircraft, Pelican Airlines, is based
7th July 2019 5:35:49 PM
Location. Nzfi

28th June 2019 5:16:01 PM
I flew about 54hours in CWR between February and April 1971. Was operating it for the owner. Flew between Jandakot to the north west pastoral properties in the Pilbara and Gascoyne in WA. Fun to fly. The 225HP(?) Continental meant there was no gear extension speed limitation as it was a bit slow. The electric prop CSU was a mystery, popped the fuse. But special techniques could fix that. Dropped a brake disc at Newman, but got it back in place with fewer clips. The Lear Seigler (?) Autopilot sure kept the V tail waggle at bay. Bathroom 1950's style panel. Best of luck to the new owner. Hope it makes you smile.
John Walker

24th May 2019 8:12:07 PM
Loading at Narrabri airport.

24th May 2019 2:14:03 PM
At Narrabri Airport

13th May 2019 12:46:49 PM
This and several other diamond aircraft (VH-YPJ) are operated by a private aviation college in Port Macquarie who bring in Chinese students to gain pilot qualifications and are quite often flying low over rural properties. They have been reported for aerial trespass and invasion of privacy.

8th May 2019 5:23:19 AM
Salut (Pilote98), serait-il possible pour toi de modifier la position de ta jolie photo SVP Merci.

le commandant
8th May 2019 4:44:07 AM
C'était mon avion de 1988 a 1994 alors quand le site dit NO a multiple owner ⦠on repassera loll

18th March 2019 2:54:28 AM
it's in this aircraft I flew for the first time in my life in the early to mid 70's
13th March 2019 8:00:42 AM
My name is Bill Bishop and I am the President / Webmaster of www.thehistoryhangar.ca . This aircraft is the former Canadian Armed Forces CH-136 Kiowa S/N 136228. In 1992 it was painted in a special theme to celebrate R.C.A.F. 400 Squadron's 60th Anniversary ... I'll upload a photo shortly.
As the mission of The History Hangar website is to 'keep our history alive' I would greatly appreciate a contact via email (billbishop@thehistoryhangar.ca) with a current photo of VH-OSX and a brief description of its current role, etc.
Thank you in advance for your interest

A mind is like a parachute ... It must be open to work !
10th March 2019 5:35:14 PM
It was previously rego'd as OY-YAC (Denmark) and LY-AOD (Lithuania). I have reason to believe it might be a Roumanian lak-52 built by Aerostar.

3rd March 2019 12:51:58 PM
Low flying over urban area causing noise pollution

30th January 2019 7:38:04 AM
Erickson Aircrane Lost in Australia, Crew Safe

An Erickson Aircrane was lost while firefighting in Australia earlier yesterday. All three crew members survived when the 1967 S-64E, N173AC, better known as âChristine,â crashed while fighting the Thomson Complex Catchment fires in Gippsland, Victoria.
According to official reports, the helicopter, call sign Helitak 341, crashed near the edge of a dam or into the dam. The accident occurred at approximately 7:15 p.m. local time near Jericho in an area of difficult access and hilly topography known as the Yarra Ranges. First responders needed nearly an hour to reach the crash site. Fortunately, the crew was able to swim to safety.

The Aircrane was one of 10 aircraft on the fire; Victoria has 49 contracted aircraft for firefighting this season, including two Aircranes. Erickson holds the type certificate for the S-64 and operates approximately 20 Aircranes worldwide. It also services and builds S-64s for third-party customers. When rigged for firefighting, the aircraft is typically fitted with a 2,650-gallon water tank and a quick-fill snorkel.

Three other Aircranes operating in Australia have been grounded pending a safety review.

Courtesy AIN

-----------------------
Dasher was here....
23rd January 2019 5:18:38 PM
VH-MKI over Murray Mouth then owned by Mr George Sinclair Goolwa

19th January 2019 2:14:49 PM
First a/c I ever flew was VH FST. Not the same a/c though. The one I flew was a C152. Slight difference in speed I would think.

18th December 2018 5:55:59 PM
Great little 150 that I solo'd in.

14th December 2018 8:35:18 AM
The ATSB is investigating a hard landing and ground strike involving a Beech Aircraft Corporation B200, registered VH-ODI, operated by Desert-Air Safaris, at Mount Gambier Airport, South Australia, on 8 December 2018.

The pilot reported experiencing difficulties landing at Mount Gambier. After a heavy landing, the pilot was unable to safely stop the aircraft on the runway and decided to conduct a go-around. The pilot then conducted another approach and landing. The post-flight inspection of the aircraft revealed substantial damage to both propellers. No one was injured as a result of this occurrence.

As part of the investigation, the ATSB will interview relevant persons, including the pilot, obtain engineering reports and other additional information.

A report will be published at the conclusion of the investigation.

Source: ATSB

-----------------------
Dasher was here....
7th December 2018 10:00:48 PM
I'm surprised there is no reference to this registration once belonged to a famous aircraft. A de Havilland DH-82A, VH-UNA,

26th November 2018 1:24:51 PM
I am the current owner of VH-FAG as your records indicate.
To correct your records, the aircraft was built by De Havilland Australia not in GB and the engine is a General Motors Holden Gipsy (No 123) built in Australia. It is fitted with a wooden propellor manufactured by Invincible Propellors (Australia).
The aircraft was first registered as FAG on the 9th October 1952 but was struck from the register on the 3rd June 1965. As your records indicate it was reregistered 7th October 1983.

14th November 2018 2:58:21 AM
Sad day, 2 died last night in this aircraft landing at Brantford, ON airport.

8th November 2018 12:09:06 PM
Spotted at NZPP-PPQ 2/11/2018

Planespotter 30+ years NEW ZEALAND
31st October 2018 1:19:20 PM
At Narromine National Aerobatics 2018

19th October 2018 7:57:49 PM
Enjoyed many hours in this aircraft when owned by Lex Hinckley to 1988.

3rd October 2018 5:10:41 PM
Spotted this parked up at Roma AP QLD 01/10/18

24th September 2018 7:21:20 PM
24/9/2018 Flew Omaka to Wellington, then to Feilding. No longer has Sounds Air Livery, is now all white with SAW in black letters.

Planespotter 30+ years NEW ZEALAND
22nd September 2018 6:28:05 PM
In the hangar at Cessnock Aerodrome.

22nd September 2018 3:22:21 PM
Photo at Cessnock Aerodrome Airshow.

5th August 2018 9:19:05 AM
Hi Guys
are you hangered at the sunny coast airport. I do photos at the airport regular, I have an asic to gain access where necessary to do photos for all concerned.....

Regards
Randy

3rd August 2018 5:04:31 AM
I had my first solo in this plane in 1982 in Youngstown Ohio

Jamie Campany
2nd August 2018 4:30:01 PM
Beautiful looking aircraft Glen

31st July 2018 4:42:20 AM
taken above Fabreville, Laval

23rd June 2018 4:58:13 PM
I owned this plane during the 1990's. I bought it from a fellow locate in Moncton, NB, and based it in Apple River and Amherst N.S. Had to sell it after I moved to Brandon, Manitoba and life got in the way. Needed paint, otherwise a beautiful airplane and a joy to fly. I'd like to know what became of it. Anyone know? Contact me at "jim@smallartworks.ca"

19th June 2018 2:54:00 AM
C-GVOZ Hughes Schweizer 300 à l'Aéroport de Sherbrooke CYSC le pilote Georges L et moi André B pour un Fly-in Les Faucheurs de Marguerites 16-06-2018.
le commandant.
19th June 2018 1:59:48 AM
C-GKOP Robinson R44- 2015 Passeport Hélico Fly-in à l'Aéroport de Sherbrooke QC CYSC Les Faucheurs de Marguerites.
le commandant
15th June 2018 12:07:23 AM
This is another St John Ambulance aircraft from the early 1970's. IFR equipped, landed in some remote and strange locations in all sorts of weather conditions. Flown at the time by Barry Clifford (chief pilot for St John) and Mike Hutton. Also flown by a few volunteer commercial instrument rated pilots.
I can recall flying into heavy overcast at Outer Harbour and dropping out of the cloud at about 800 feet over the water at Head of the Bight so we could land at Nullabour to collect an accident victim.
Quite a few Emergency Flights declared in those days when the pilot had exceeded his hours.
Awesome aircraft, and built like a tank!

15th June 2018 12:00:07 AM
Flew in this aircraft as an Air Ambulance attendant with the St John Ambulance Service of Upper Eyre Peninsula from 1971 to 1975.
Chief Pilot was a gentleman called Barry Clifford, who was one of the best pilots I ever had the pleasure to fly with.
Landed on roads a couple of times to recover accident victims, and flew through some absolutely atrocious weather at times.
Both the aircraft and the pilots were IFR equipped and licensed.
Awesome memories!!

23rd May 2018 2:32:00 PM
Images AAP

-----------------------
Dasher was here....
23rd May 2018 2:31:34 PM
A private jet has snapped in half after crashing off a runway in Honduras, but in a miraculous turn the crew and passengers have escaped the disaster without injury.

Videos posted online show what appeared to be local residents pulling people out of the damaged fuselage of the white Gulfstream jet, while others sprayed it with hand-held fire extinguishers.

Firefighters arrived at the scene and doused the wreckage with foam. Part of the plane appeared in photos to lie across a street.

-----------------------
Dasher was here....
1st April 2018 10:44:11 AM
50 years later it still handles beautifully on a weekly flight along the coast. TT 4890

21st March 2018 5:24:56 PM
Interesting old aircraft , chartered by the Cairns Ambulance 1939 prior to the establishment of the Cairns Aerial Ambulance 1945